Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Faith House and becoming an integral part of the movement to support survivors of domestic violence! The steadfast dedication and tireless energy of volunteers sustain the life-saving services of our organization.
We are very excited that you have chosen to volunteer at Faith House and look forward to embarking on this journey with you. There are abundant volunteer possibilities in both direct and indirect service at Faith House.
Faith House has many opportunities to volunteer with our program. Volunteers help programs and events run smoother. We are always in need of more volunteers.
Indirect service volunteer positions provide great exposure to Faith House and offer volunteers who have not completed 40-hour training an opportunity to engage with our program on a regularly scheduled or on-call basis.
special programming instructor
In-kind donation assistant
on-call administrative support
special events support
All direct service volunteer positions require completion of a 20-hour Domestic Violence training prior to initiation of service.
Training consists of:
20 hours of in-person orientation and online training modules
20 hours shadowing a staff member
Crisis Line Response
• Supports emergency shelter residents with in-the-moment needs (access to clothing closet, pantry, toiletry supplies, etc.)
• Responsible for letting residents & guests into confidential shelter locations through a remotely controlled door system. Requires strict adherence to vital policies and procedures regarding safety & confidentiality.
• Additional crisis line-specific training shifts required.
Children's Program Support
• Facilitates/co-facilitates children’s groups with youth providing educational support, building social skills and engaging youth in activities.
• Additional youth-specific training shifts required.