If you are in danger, please use a SAFER computer, or call 911, a local hotline, or the U.S. National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224.
Learn more technology safety tips. There is always a computer trail, but you can leave this site quickly by clicking on the EXIT button above.
Think it out before something happens...
• During an argument, stay in a room with two exits and no weapons.
• Locate your best escape room in an emergency.
• Know where you would go in an emergency; have a plan.
• Locate any weapons and remove them or unload and hide them.
• Pack and hide an emergency bag.
• Be careful about telephone and internet use; clear history when possible.
• Safety plan for and with the children. Arrange a safe place for a child to
run for help.
• Teach children how to call 911. Arrange a code word so they know when
to call or when to run/hide.
When leaving, consider packing these items:
• ID and birth certificate
• Children’s birth certificates
• Social security cards
• Legal documents
• School and vaccination records
• Money, checkbooks, ATM/credit/debit cards
• Driver’s license and registration
• Keys: house/car/office